We are one of the United Kingdom's leading research intensive universities, a major contributor to the knowledge economy, and internationally recognised for our excellence in teaching.
Our mission is to educate talented people well, to conduct outstanding research, and to promote the responsible application of new knowledge.
The University pursues its mission by committing the maximum possible resources to support areas of established academic strength, of emerging excellence, and of comparative advantage. We seek to provide our staff and students with whatever they need in order to attain the highest standards of scholarship.
Corporate plan 2008-2013
- Corporate plan (65KB)
All sector strategies are available to download in PDF.
- Enterprise Strategy (56KB)
- Estates Strategy (362KB)
- Financial Strategy 2009 -2014 (120KB)
- Human Resources Strategy (Summary) (116KB)
- Information Framework 2010-2014 (133KB)
- Research Strategy (61KB)
- Learning and Teaching Strategy 2013-18 (102KB)
- Sports Strategy 2007-2012 (254 KB)
- Widening Participation Strategy (72KB)